Wednesday, February 02, 2011

11:30

I don't know if I'll ever be able to describe with justice the inexplicable peace and quiet joy of being at my parent's home.

It's funny. Whenever I'm away from Ray and my home, I do miss its creature comforts but yet with here - "here" being Woodlands, Singapore - there's a still magic that soothes me. I feel more relaxed, I feel even almost closer to You, I know I talk more to You every time I'm in that bedroom where You encountered me so much in my youth.

We are back for CNY. It's Wed today, we've been back since Mon. Did the town rounds yest and ended up making our way to Chomp Chomp for a lengthy but very good dinner of sambal stingray, grilled chicken wings, clams and fried oyster. Too bad the drinks stalls ran out of sugar cane drinks.

Think we are going to try to go to my own 'hood for lunch. Continuing the something new trend for the trip.

It's reunion dinner day :)

The sentiment for this occasion increases as I get older. Last year, we spent reunion dinner in KL and oh man, I had to keep myself in check from being emo about being away from home. So very interesting, life as a married woman, hah.

Am going to try to see if we can get time out somewhere where we just read and talk to You, Dad. I love it that You are everywhere.

The last year especially, I think that there were conversation about why I do what I do and how my nationality is involved in that. I'd be the first to acknowledge certain traits in me, not particularly beneficial in "kingdom" culture, were nursed from meritocracy.

And what is wrong, I'll - with the grace of God - reverse and replace with His goodness. But I'm really just quite sorted with all such talk. I know God has a plan for me - That within His infinite good plan, I was born in Singapore and now live in Malaysia and in the future, may live in either country or somewhere else.

I know not where. But I choose to be at peace with You. You own the world, and You are my Dad.

So all my days past has a reason and I'm not going to be sorry about that. God has my back, my present and my future. And in this year, where I will turn 30, I remain a child learning not to be distracted by what the world and people proffer.

I just want to sing for You, like nothing else matters, like nothing else matters.
Just want to sing for You, my Lord.

I love You, Dad.

No comments: