Saturday, January 17, 2009

12:38.


I always loved it that Chinatown becomes such a blustery, vibrant, crowded, colourful, alive place during Chinese New Year. I may not actually go to the place. The last time I did must had been in 2004 when I returned from Melb (oh, tt was the time when 2 white boys tailed my friend and me and wanted to take photos with yours truly. rather... strange).

Still, maybe it's absence makes the heart grows fonder. Maybe it's that quaint trait that is happy just knowing something is there, though you may not use or visit it.

But yet.

When I got that emailer wth the pic, oh, such a sense of reminiscence descended.

Maybe it's the really busy work days and two in a row over 12-hour work days. Maybe it's that the last time I've been back was 3 months ago. Maybe it's the upcoming step out of the boat that's coming amidst the storm that sometimes seem entrapping, but gosh, I miss being home in Sg.

And just now, as I wallowed slightly in that feeling of entrapment, I felt You, Holy Spirit well up in me. I'm a free creation and never to be trapped. So though the storm is real and the rage is real, I choose to dwell as I am in You.

I'm free and amongst all that life throws, having 3 homes will not tie me up.

I bless Your Name. Hallelujah.

No comments: