Sunday, July 11, 2004

22:06.

Just came back a while ago from City Church's 1830 service. For the past couple of weeks, partly due to the lull of holidays, I have been attending Church Of Christ on Swanston Street at 11am, then going to City Church - more commonly known as the Planet Shakers church - in the evening.

July Camp's speaker Matt Fielder is from this church too, except he is at the Adeleide's youth ministry Universe.

This was my fourth or fifth time I attended City Church, but yeah, details like that you don't quite need to know.

I guess I wanted to share how that, even now as I sit and type this, I feel something pulling at my heartstrings, how I almost feel like crying. Church is not about the songs, not about the style of praise and worship, not about denomination and such. But singing with a crowd of people "You are all that I want, You are all that I need, You are all that I live for in this world" to the only Person I really ever need in all of life, my best friend, Jesus Christ, was phenomenal.

No, it's not unusual or uncommon to be in such a setting... I could go into a ramble here but I will stop. I suppose I'm just awed, awed by how real God is. How real and how close the Creator of the universe is to us, His children. And when I sung just now, I half-shouted and at times, did shout out the lyrics. And when the pastor asked the congregation to kneel down as and if we feel like we want to surrender our lives over to God, I think I am just immensely touched at the knees that bowed. My stomach kind of crunched - I'm describing this terribly - but sometimes when I'm in the presence of God, my hands shake (and they shook), I tremble as my earthly body makes contact with the supernatural Lord of the universe, and inside of where my tummy is, I kind of constrict.

On a lighter note, I don't think I ever jumped up and down in three-inch knee high boots before.

Jesus, Jesus, how I love You.

And Lord? I love these people here. I don't know them well. They don't know me well but I love them and I want to serve them. Help me be Jesus to them. Let me be your instrument of love and power, peace and joy.

I'm in love with God and I never want this to end.

No comments: