Wednesday, August 25, 2004

15:44.

I planned to graduate in the Singapore convocation for RMIT students instead of at the grand telstra dome with all other graduates this semester. But after making some queries, I discovered that the offshore convocation might be held late next year so that both the folks who graduate this semt and next can combine for convocation.

Nope, doesn't look fancible, does it? It costs more to graduate in Sg too.

The idea of having my convocation here both appeals and does not. The arena, the sentimentality and symbolic nature of the experience (darn iconic gown and mortar board) are fanciable but the boredom and long wait, plus the fact that I am not graduating with people I know deter me. They had three years together. I came in for a year, and honestly have not mingled much.

The third possibility is this - Graduate in absentia.

Don't attend any ceremonies.

Whatever it is, I have got to make up my mind by Sept 3. That's the deadline for the application to graduate. Yes, we got to fill out a form if we are confident that we will finish our programme this semt. Guess in a school this big, you never know if the students on your list are actually alive, or studying 'nuff to graduate. Oh well.

No comments: