Friday, May 27, 2005

19:14.

It's 7:14pm on a Friday night.

I'm in the office, waiting for a call from a local celebrity. He's 44 minutes late already.

The office is cold. I wear my pinstriped Topshop blazer, Levis 593s, and Mango white Racer Back. Oooh, I just realised my entire outfit today are stuff I bought after I came back, plus the white Charles & Keith sandals too. The only things from Melb are my Just Jeans belt and my Levis bag. Oh, and since we are down at accessories, my sliver hoop earrings are frm Melb too, fruits of a shopping trip to Highpoint with Germie.

It is Friday. But Sunday's coming. Tomorrow's Saturday but Sunday's coming. Sunday.

For some reason, that popped into my head.

The office is fairly quiet by now. There are still people around, of course. I hear three of the editors talking, their voices carrying over the relative still-ness; Friday nights always see more eds staying back late.

Was going through the hotmail account where ocf yahoo group mail gets sent to. At one point, for some reason, I almost felt tears well up. I stared at one of the names, the sender. And remembered what I told her before I left.

I remember the conviction I had and have about the greatness of these folks.

Again, I feel like I could tear.

Such amazing people. And now, in the group emails I still get (I requested for my name not to be taken off the list yet), I smile at how "the young ones" are indeed rising up. How they are doing so much more.

I clicked through a link in one the mails.

It led to this year's July Camp website.

I was wowed, and nostagic, amazed and glad all at once.

I may not be there but God so is. And that makes me wowed and glad and almost teary all over again.

I clicked through every profile of the committee members, marvelled at stuff. Then, I clicked through the link that led to photos from last year's July Camp.

They are familiar photos. My lappie back home contains all of them, gleaned from various photographers. I saw my face, other familiar faces, smiles that still make me smile.

And I did. Even now. A small smile, remembering every precious person and memory.

The time is 7:44, I'm S k y e T a n.

And I remain:

thankful.

"For all that You've done, I will thank You
For all that You're going to do
For all that You promised
and all that You Are
is all that will carry me through
Jesus, I thank You."
- Thank You, Dennis Jernigan

No comments: