Sunday, May 29, 2005

21:31.

I want to worship with my drumming.

It just struck me in service this morning... most drummers I have seen don't sing when they drum. The first two times I drummed in OCF, I didn't either. There were moments when I closed my eyes and just felt God's presence but I wasn't at a place where sufficient technical aptitude was in place for me not to have to - or feel like I absolutely have to - throw all of me into the technical aspects.

I sing when I drum. More than that, I love worshipping He who holds my heart when I am behind the drum kit.

With every crash, with every fill, every time the stick makes contact with the snare, it's as if splashes of my heart's desire to worship You evermore splashes over.

I want to be a better drummer. A better keyboardist. A better guitarist.

I want to worship Him with all that He has given to me.

I will play my drums for You, Dad.

I love You most.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will sing for You.

I will write for You.

I will live for You.

All of my days.

We have a deal, Dad.

Dear Jesus, I will fly with You. I remember our date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I scared my guitarist yesterday.

We were having some problems with one of the faster songs or rather, I thought it was okay but the rest felt I should play a different way, more akin to the way another drummer does it, but they couldn't describe what they want so I got befuddled.

So, when I get confused, I can't "flow" and I stopped mid-song and went "arghhhhhhh!" at myself. The quiet guitarist who looks ever calm and almost bored looked up with shock and went "what's the matter?!".

I explained it was my reaction at myself, that was all.

Oops.

No comments: