Monday, December 04, 2006

1030.

It's very strange but highly welcomed - For all my love for Melbourne, the lifestyle and all its offers, I think finally, my soul has embraced Singapore and Malaysia as the better place for me to be in now. As if there's a shift in the well, the way my heart and neck's inclined towards, I guess.

:)

I'd a very good weekend. Friday evening was our CG sub zone gathering so all 9 CGs under PJ North 4 gathered at the venue the chinese church norm use. Ray was playing drums (and did a great job!). Watching him play was slightly deja vu :) After all, I used to watch him play. The CG had to put on a presentation for our cell leader and though it wasn't oscar winning materials, it was joyously riotous and very very funny.


Living Springs, our CG on stage midway through our sing-song for CG leader Shelley, next to me in black. Ray's covered by Jessey (in pink on most right), who happens to be our new CG leader.  Posted by Picasa

We ended the evening with a mamak nearby where I discovered the joys of double cheese naan. By the time I got home, I guess it was over 1am. Had to get up a bit earlier than I wanted to on Sat morning 'cause I forgot to pass one of the church keys to my zone leader but that was fine. Ended up having a little chat where I updated her about what's happening with me too.

Saturday, we started it off late at 145pm and went to eat at a good hawker centre, then to The Curve to hang out, booked Happy Feet tix for the 7pm show, went to eat kaya toast and coffee/ tea at Kluang, hung around idyllically at scrapbook and techie stores, watched the movie and imprompt-ly went to a nice Italian restaurant we always fancied but never yet visit. I had a very very good grilled calamari salad (mmmmmmmm) and he had garlic prawn fettucine (home-made). We rounded it off with flat white and cafe latte. Very very nice.

Sun, we went to church, had pan mee (dry version, do we have it in Sg?) at the hawker centre oppt church then went to KL for the PC fair which was thronged with throngs of people and some very very good deals.

My baby got a black iPod, 30gig which came packaged as a deal at RM1249 with free speakers, leather case and a RM100 accessories voucher which we used to get another casing and two whaddaya call those stickers... screen protectors? We recuperated at Kenny Rogers after that before he sent me to a Dew Media Appreciation dinner (since I write for the newsletter, which falls under the Media Team). Was a good night. Lots of funny, impromptu sing alongs with an acoustic two-piece band, sharing from the ministry heads and good food. They made the senior pastor sing too, after he finally drop by on his third appreciation dinner on his rounds that night.

Got a free tee too, hah. It was a good night. And a very good weekend indeed.

Thanks, God :)

3 comments:

raychuah said...

3 cheers for ipod video 30GB. hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha. and then, comes the accessories :P - skye

raychuah said...

accessories galore! ipod seakers... yummm.. :P