Monday, December 22, 2008

13:46.

I miss home.

And though home is somewhere above the great beyond and nationality and race don't matter on where your heart and soul ultimately belongs to, the periodical little squeeze of the heart when I think of the woodlands home is effortlessly real and tangible.

I know this year's lessons included the drilling in of my citizenship and I do know it but well, yes, sometimes, I do miss home and that little bedroom with the cooling breeze and that super single bed with that high thread count green mattress sheet which I slept on for 8 years and just the sounds of the household moving about, each on their own thang and the casual easiness of life under your parents' roof perhaps. hah.

2008 is almost over and 2009 is nigh. In the midst of the many matters to sort out before Christmas, Lord, my soul longs for solitude with You.

Happy birthday, Jesus Christ. I love You. Whatever the cost.

"'cause You paid the price, I give You my life. I'm Yours."

No comments: