Wednesday, December 15, 2004

00:50.

I graduated about three and a half hours ago at Telstra Dome, Melb. Supposedly, 30, 000 people were there - guests, graduating students and staff. I didn't take shots of the stadium 'cause I didn't want to have my bag with me but there's a shot of what it looks like here.

Spending three hours at a ceremony is not the way I norm enjoy spending my time and truth be told, boredom was spreading its dull fingers over me in the beginning. I spent about 5 bucks having sms conversations - each sms costs 25 cents - with good friends, and alternated that with shifting around uncomfortably in the plastic chair, and pulling and rearranging my gown and hat.

Felt really glad when I first saw a familiar face taking the stage, and felt my heart thumping and adrenaline rush when my turn drew near. Waiting on the carpeted pathway laid on the stadium's tuft and getting nearer and nearer to being the first in line, wheww.

They flashed your name on the screen and you go up to get your cert.

And during my time in the spotlight, when the presenter commented well done, a degree with distinction (!), I looked at the certificate - encased in a scroll like slip with a transparent cover and block coloured back - and realised waitaminute, I have just been awarded with a degree with distinction.

Whether that means I somehow make the top 10 per cent or top 5 per cent or top 15 per cent I am not sure, but it was a wow and a million because I thought my Credit for Philo screwed up chances of a degree with distinction. And I wasn't even sure if I could qualify since I was given two-year exemption.

I am just happy now. Very happy. Corny-ly, ridiculously happy. It was ridiculously good stuff, every thing, and some part of me think I felt the meaning of the scripture that says a woman in childbirth forgets the pain she has been through when the child is born.

This night is going down in the annals of S k y e T's history.

Dear God, thanks for every thing. Every little thing. Every single thing.

And for a great home cooked lunch. And dinners. And all that.

And at 0530, I have to wake up for Great Ocean Road. Daytrip with the parents on a coach.

Spread the love, people!

Wheeeee!

No comments: