Monday, December 13, 2004

21:56.

It is the season of long posts. At least here on midair. Being in the revolution means never being in control and knowing that you are not driving the wheel, but walking on, giving your best, crying your heart out and getting attached because you don't stop loving. And in every test, you know the yes and amen is true.

With all that I am. And all I've got.

"To love is to be vulnerable",
so said CS Lewis while expounding on this very fruit of love.

My parents and my aunt are asleep in my room. For the next few days, I would bunk on the living room couch.

For the next few days, I have family here in Melbourne, blood relations.

I want them to love my world, to feel welcome, to enter this world.

Slept at after 0230 in the morning, woke up at 0400. Got ready for their flight which was due to land at 0525. Possibly strange, how within three days, I have been to the airport twice, after the only time I have been at the airport was on Feb 10, when I landed.

0615, this morning - Even before I was through the glass sliding doors that are the airport doors, I saw my aunty then my mom sitting at those plastic chairs waiting, two luggage trolleys at the side of my Aunt Nan.

I walked faster, did the wave hands frantically thing and had on a smile so spontaneous I did not know it was there , quickened my steps even further as I got closer and hugged my Mom for a good dozen seconds.

Hugged my aunty, looked around for my Dad, paced about in the general direction they said he went off in and when I finally saw him, threw my arms around him and squeezed him while he repeated something - I think it was my name, in a glad tone - and kind of held his arms about himself awkwardly, not knowing how to hug me back.

If I ever have kids, I do want them to grow up in a culture where hugs and love are shown without embarassment or awkwardness. And that was written without any negativity, just to clarify,

A part of me can't believe they are really here.

The rainy weather today didn't allow much exploration. Seeing Dad enjoy Shanghai Dumpling was a grin.

I love my parents.

Dear Lord, help me honour them and love them more and give them all that they deserve to have.

"Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the seas,
even there Your Hand will guide me,
Your right hand would surely hold me fast."
- Psalm 139: 7 - 1o

Life feels like it has stopped and is moving at the same time.

Jesus, Jesus, I remember You.

I will remember, help me know, this is not the end.

No.

No comments: