Thursday, June 01, 2006

0936.

Am listening to Your Glory by Planetshakers on my ipod. The urge to sing out loud is sizable and I do allow myself to sing softly now and then. I feel the desperation, the surge forward, the want to be immensed and to worship and touch Glory.

Random recaps of the week:
- Dad had to go hospital yesterday for a checkup. Earlier, he had to go for another check up after taking X-rays of his knees at the polyclinic. Thank God both initial visits turned out well. He has to go back for check-ups this month for both possible ailments but it seems that all's well. Thank God.

- I am feeling much more settled in at the new apt, waded around in the pool twice when r a y and myself took evening walks around the condo. My basil plant has thrived but now seems to be dying after I cut leaves off it twice for pasta :( Took pix, wld post up when I transfer photos to work lappie. Sandwich maker makes me happy and toasted sandwiches I don't get sick of. Located Tasty Cheese too so it's all cool. Been experimenting with the fillings - Cream cheese and bananas, tasty cheese and tomatoes and a sprinkle of mixed herbs, tasty cheese and ham....

- Ministry chairman dropped a bombshell two days ago - A brother has offered to let us work out of his two-and-a-half-storey-house-in-a-well-to-do-district. He offered that I can stay there too since there are five rooms. Probably be rent-free. And as good an offer it is (provided I can get out of my one-year lease) and I know it is, I kind of just feel way tired at the idea of moving again. I stayed almst a month at R a y's before the apt was avail and we got it into ship shape. It took a while with a certain amount of springcleaning effort to make it cosy like now. If I move again, it will really feel like the third move in what, two/ three months. And it will also means a change from a routine I got to love (God help me not be chained to routines) - R a y coming over for brekkie, us walking to work, going for lunches together, going home together. Transport may become more of an issue too. And somehow, though I'm totally fine with staying alone in an apartment, the idea of staying in a house alone is not as appealing.

- We had scrambled eggs on buttered toast with a "grilled" (more like push around the pan) half tomato on the side this morning :) with tea

- Have moved on to doing two versions of newsletter I aim to get out this month - A teaser in emailer and the real thing to be converted to pdf and mailed. No expenses for proper print, methinks

- The website is finally sort of up. Lots more work to do.

- I'm going back to Sg for a very short trip over the weekend. R a y was going to come along but there weren't any more tickets :/ Decided not to take Monday off since my folks are coming, arriving on Tues evening and I rather take Thurs and Fri next week off to take them around.

- *gulps* My folks and r a y's folks are going to meet next week (!!!)

- Didn't go cg yest 'cause the wed adults grp we have been attending was going to King Crab restaurant for a "bonding" meal. What happened to cheap mamak? We are looking out for another young adults group to try before we confirm confirm stay in the wed group.

- Had some little problem with landlord who owns management maintainence fees. We (r a y mostly) have had to be sort of middlemen to pass on messages but all's good now.

There's probably more but that's it for now, I guess.

Take care ya.

No comments: