Friday, January 26, 2007

11:47.

Multiculturalism and Aust

Lots of our generation grew up amidst buzz words like "multiculturalism", "globalisation", "westernisation", "capitalism"... words still bantered frequently and casually today along with "developed nation", "first, second, third world", despite the fact that the three worlds categorisation is more frowned upon now by the specific cultural academia scene which coined it. "Westernisation" reminds a confounding misnomer since geographically in the West (when looking at a map), Russia and other countries not typically "Western" are present and in reality, directions are depending on where you are.

Hm.

I read that the 7 pillars of society today are Religion, Family, Politics, Government, Education, Media and the Arts.

While Media, Arts, Religion and to an extent, Family have always been on my radar, increasingly, I've been interested in Education and Government. I find that pretty strange 'cause they are not quite stuff I campaigned for before except now, the rising passion about issues in their fields is pretty real.

Multiculturalism and globalisation are reality these days. Such a diff from when I was 15 and reading about this long word I had to learn how to wrap my tongue around - "globalisation". 10 years and a different world is here. It's amazing awesome.

I was talking to two folks yesterday about how I find ubiquitous brands, one result from globalisation and capitalism, so interesting and how their workings and reach intrigue me so.

I don't know what God is setting me up for but I'm moving to be positioned precisely where I'm meant to be. It's exciting times, me think :)

And tomw is moving day. And I'm not exactly packed. God help me.

No comments: