Thursday, August 16, 2007

17:12.

I'm back in Singapore after about 10 weeks of absence, which I reckon is the longest I've been away from here since I moved last year.

Time flies. '07 will be coming to a close, golly. Ray and I have been together 2 years, wow. I've been in Msia for 15 months, whew. And back in corporate for almost 6 months, man.

Heck, I'm 26 and 4 months away from a new year in which I have to identify myself as *swallows* 28.

So many things are the same and yet not the same. So many things have changed and so many remain similar. And in all things, alleluia, our God reigns so I can rest and live.

I love being back in Singapore, love the green trees and neat roads, love the organised traffic (heh) and brighter air, if that makes sense.

A poster caught my eye earlier as I enter the immi section. "42th birthday. A city of possibilities" (I think it's "city", it could have been another word).

And well, that caught me - "possibilities". And it caught me with a persuasion and magic right there at the doorstep of my nation. I reckon that's great marketing positioning. Kudos, whichever agency our govt uses.

When I came home, took the lift up and stepped through the door when we reached 7th storey, I felt a quiet exhilaration. Am not too sure why. Maybe it's the high rise living (*pokes* my love), maybe it's the familiar slight wind and muted yet clear natural light, maybe it's knowing I was a few steps away from going home.

What a world of contradictions and paradoxes - That familiarity breeds contempt and yet familiarity has our hearts wrapped up in its comforts and languid before its throne.

But you know, I've found family in Msia.

And though admittedly, I'm struggling to see what God does for me in my job, I'm in a good place and thankful.

Went for church camp last weekend and the whole three days just shouted and felt like family. I can see CCKL in my future and I'm rooted and planted and committed.

So despite the duality (triplicate really 'cause Home is with my Lord in the mansion with many rooms) homes syndrome, the scale of RM vs SGD, family here, wanting our future children to have a great education (and me firmly advocating Sg education system despite its flaws), despite every and any thing in between the heart and head, soul and body - Lord I am Yours.

Wherever it be. We've sung the songs and meant the pledge. Now we live the lives that shout your praise positioned at where your calling brought and kept this once lost soul now found and renewed.

You are my King.

I want more of You in my life. I cannot live without You and so never (God help me) want to step out of Your calling for my life.

Keep us, Lord. Yours.

5 comments:

raychuah said...

it's good to know u're loving every bit of being back in sg again... i'm sure it's an awesome feeling...

and yeah *pokes back* :) i do like high rises myself too ;) haha

Germaine said...

And because possibilities can also be of the frivolous kind, may I just mention the $10 jellies and the $5 watches.. w00t w00t.

Anonymous said...

Germie - woot woot. hehe. Love ya babe :)

Ray - And heh, yeah, I'll back in KL tomw though :) See u soon, honey.

- Skye

Paul Tune said...

you're talking about children and their education already?!

Anonymous said...

which paul is this? tune? well, i am 26 this year, u know. and for the last year, i've had a fixture on education. i'm thinking of going into teaching maybe. - skye