Saturday, November 08, 2003

19:29.

"What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."

"You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. "

- Morpheus, The Matrix.

[For more quotes from the movies, click here]

It's spot-on right-on bull-eyes like these along with many many wonderful perception versus reality, relativity against the absolutes cornerstones of life, faith, human fraility issues in one darn super cool black-leathered package that converted me.

Without fangirl's prejudice, I will say this. Matrix Revolutions does not suck. It is not lousy. It is not damned.

Yes, it does not thrill and grab you like Matrix, but the movie experience is different from Madonna singing Like A Virgin. You cannot recapture the exact essence of that first time because it cannot be as organic and new any more when it is no longer new.

But Revolutions is all right, not amazing, not wow but decent enough for me to go buy the whole trilogy now. It didn't had a conventional safe ending. I like that, I like that there is no run-of-the-mill type happy ending, I like it that Trinity died because that's real.

It's important that the movie retained that errie realness.

I want to discourse, but I can't discourse unless someone throws some punches. Argh.

"To be great is to be misunderstood." - Oscar Wilde

No comments: