Monday, November 17, 2003

20:57.

I am in the train station. The no-man's land, the limbo between worlds, and I'm just waiting for the train to come.

I am not alone.

I look around and I see many others. Some, like me, have that look in their eyes. They are waiting for the same train, sometimes doubting their faith that it will come. Others, distracted souls, have embraced this temporal stage as life and are convinced that this is all there is. They look at me like I'm a foolish sod.

That may not be that far from the truth but I'm not about to switch sides just for a coat of primary coloured gloss on black-and-white-clad me.

How long should I wait? What should I do while here? Will I lose it or will I gain that eternal treasure?

Let's not talk about eternity, but look at the here and now via micro-lens. The first question in that last paragraph still applies. I know that while I wait, I shall do unto The Lord and seek, as with every undertaking, to honour my Lord.

Things are happening at work and in life. Stuff are being stirred up and I am rather clueless, Lord, as to what to do. On one hand, it feels like finally the proverbial bridge is here. On the other hand, the trodden path is still avail and its familiarity has a number of comforting factors.

After all, I walked it for 14 months and I've learnt to see the flowers besides the roadside. I've also, by Grace, learnt how to walk on and smile at the rays of sunshine.

Then, there are other people who have fallen into ranks; they share my journey.

I do not detest this path, but how long really, how long can I remain here? I feel like I need to take off this hat, shrug off this skin and kick off my boots. But I will not be a runaway. I refuse to do that.

It's a strange choice isn't it? If I finally get what has eluded me this far, and I choose to walk away from it.

Is it unusual? Yes. But is it really unusual? No.

It's always the narrow paths.

It's finally here. The choice to be made. I don't very clearly know my choices yet but they are getting less vague.

All I can do is wait. And as I wait, I have to pray and be still. Soon, I will have reached the bridge. Soon, I will know whether to walk onto it or steer away.

My Lord, My God, take my heart and mind. And for this final lap, help me work unto You and smile.

Be near, O Lord, be near.

No comments: