Monday, February 09, 2004

12:15.

Okay, I'm into my last 24 hours (over the next 10 months or so) here in Singapore. I've been sleeping late the past few days, after 2am every day. Last night - or this morning - packing took me up to 3.30am.

I've exceeded my luggage allowance....

Am now checking on the penalty per kg for that.

I'm about 5 kgs over, for check-in luggage.

Whew. All in all. I'm carrying a load just 10kg lesser than my body weight.

You know how those poor primary school kids with oversized bags look like they could fall over backwards?

Yeah, I feel like that when I carry my bagpack.

Thank God for the bagpack though. I bought it yesterday and it's really useful, It's holding my laptop, various PC periphels, my cameras and lens, my CDs, tape recorder, and many many other knick knacks.

It weighs.... 10 kg.

Yeah, so I'm 3 kg over for hand luggage too but I hope they won't weigh it.

There are books I want to bring but don't have space or weight allowance for. If I had time, I would go to the post office and check out the costs of mailing it all to myself, along with some stuff which I'm now checking in. But I don't think I have time to go to the post office at the central. It's not far but it's not that near either and there's the imminent lunchtime crowd.

Oh well, I'll see what I can do but it looks like I definitely have to freight stuff back when I come back at the end of the year.

This. All these - packing, sweating, sniffing (got a cold) and worrying (do I have everything?) - is quite amazing.

I think I will start missing every one and every thing proper only after I get to Australia. Yes, there's a tingle of "argh" mixed with "aww" at the side of my heart (Those are the sounds I feel when I think about leaving loved ones).

Last night, as I take my routine sip of water before going to bed, I found myself wishing I can take a leisurely goodbye, a leisurely last night with my loved stuff (chair, windows and all included).

Leisure and time - These seems lacking from the last couple of days but it's okay. It's perhaps what I need to gain momentum and not stop and falter. And the lack of it will make my first few days in Melbourne, the days before school starts, better because I will be able to get peace. Get leisure. Hold time.

There's really a lot that I want to blog about. Every moment that passes now exists only in the now and after that, only in the memory. This minute, this minute that you spend reading this post, will never repeat again. Such is the uniqueness and one-way stream of time and life.

I can't capture the time and have not been able to give form to the numerous thoughts in my head over the past few days but I do promise you, dear friend and faithful reader [ :> ] that I will blog and continue to unleash ramble upon you.

Pray for me.

And take care, because you are loved.

No comments: