Monday, February 23, 2004

22:45.

In less than 12 hours, I should be sitted in a lecture theatre for my first class. Perhaps feeling a bit nervous, perhaps hoping to meet a familiar face, or perhaps just feeling strangely detachedly assured.

That last has been a familiar feeling these days, recurring or just turning around to face me and smile a small smile. It's part of me but yet at times it's like a separate entity that goes before me, seemingly.

Hope that didn't sound too weird.

This - studying - is what I came here for, among other things. And honestly, I do feel I want to start lessons now. It has been two weeks. Enrolment, setting up the room, marketing, and exploring the place only took so much time, and could be done in certain doses.

I haven't been bored. In fact, I have been enjoying having time. At time, I didn't even feel like I had enough time to do all the things I want to get done.

It was perhaps, a simple life, though right in the middle of an urban setting. The apartment, right next to Vic Mart, is just on the fringe of the city area.

It was (should I use this tense?) an idyllic time. I was contented but yet, I need more activity, perhaps some routine, and I should be able to find this in school opening... again after two years.

Please keep me in prayer and pray for continued favour, strength, wisdom and love. Love for people and new academics, increased love for God. And for a teachable spirit.

At certain moments, more strongly in the first week, my spilt personalities (working adult and student, and spilt personalities is really not quite accurate) had a few quiet face-offs.

But my heart is (perhaps) getting more quiet.

In church yesterday, I rededicated this year to God. Ok, it's already dedicated a few times but when I made that dedication yesterday during worship, it was more than words or quiet emotions. It was emotions pouring out, it was surrender.

I have two wonderful housemates and they have been amazing. If not for Hannah, it would have been a lot harder for me to ease into this new life, new roads and streets and all.

I have also attended, twice now, Overseas Christian Fellowship (OCF) meetings. Knowing I have family here spiritually is very assuring.

Dear God, you are real to me. And I want You to be even more real to me, in every single aspect of my life, in my head, my mind, my heart and soul.

Two years ago, I wrote for my scriptwriting class a short essay about who I am, what drives me and what I want. I remember writing about gladly giving my life, if I can be consumed by a cause.

I want to be consumed.

No comments: