Tuesday, February 24, 2004

21:09.

I feel like having honey on toast but I should resist. Will just have it tomorrow morning if I still have the urge :) Eating honey on toast - learnt from my housemate Eliza - makes me feel like a happy Winnie The Pooh. Hah, but I am an Eeyoh at heart.

(Why am I likening myself to a donkey here? Umm.)

We - Hannah, Eliza, Jessica and myself - just had a good dinner [pepper and garlic sausages (Ah! The delight of sausages in real skin) cooked in olive oil with garlic, mushrooms, string beans, parsley, real tomatoes and tomatoes paste; and cai xin with oyster sauce].

At least, I had a good one and they tell me so too. I cooked, haha. Have been doing that a bit these past two weeks. I like it actually and thank God, every thing has been edible so far.

Don't freak out at me or laugh your guts out but last week, after cooking a simple clear veggie soup successfully, I was feeling so contented and happy I felt rather... fulfilled.

And today, yes, I had two classes. My first - as in first class of the semester - class was from 1130 to 1230. I then met a friend (meeting a familiar face on campus is quite an amazing feeling) for lunch and came home so I can return to base and chill a bit for an hour before going back to school for another lecture at 330 to 530.

Now, during that time when I was home, I was just feeling rather nippy for a nap. I almost never take afternoon naps - save for on sunday noons - but I really felt like having one then.

I was in Hannah's room waiting to use the internet and looking at myself in the mirror (I need to focus on something, righhhtt? Besides, we have sliding full length mirrors as wardrobe doors) and we were talking about what to cook for dinner (not me). Out of almost nowhere, I said something like, "Ah, I half wish I can be a housewife and stay home. Then, all I need to do every day is plan the cooking and cook" *half-pout*.

Freaky? Yeah, I know. Especially when I know a homemaker's life is hardly that simple and easy, and very unappreciated, I do add.

I think I also half-whined about "where's my tall, good looking husband who adores me". And then, Hannah and me started a short banter about his (the non-existent husband, figment of my imgination) profession. Like, no doctors since he will never have time to spend with me; writers (royalities could possibly pay well) are welcome.

Umm.

Shhhhhh... bygones.

Nooooooooooooooooo, I'm not a girl who goes for big buckeroos making men or stiff white collared types.

(I go for sensitive poetry and song writing rebels in leather jackets who stand at 1.8metres and above).

No, no, no, seriously, forget you ever read all that. I'm just in a bit of a flopping type mood. Don't ask me what "flopping" is though.

Okay, to embark on a serious note about the first day of school.

I had two lectures: Reading Media Texts [my only compulsory course (subjects are called courses while courses, as in "What course are you taking?" "Media Studies" are called programmes in RMIT), and Popular Music & Society.

The former was an hour while the latter was two.

I'm glad to share that I enjoyed both though I was feeling rather sleepy in the latter.

In both classes, I sat alone at a corner seat but no, I didn't feel lonely. It would have been sweet if I have my good friends there with me like in poly and we could discuss under our breath a certain video or something the lecturer said.

But you know, things, life is never constant and tt's fine. In fact, the unpredictability is what makes the ride interesting going.

Tomorrow, I have my first tutorial. It's for Reading Media Texts. And this will be a more interactive setting. Again, I ask and covet your prayers.

Okie, okie, I got to end this post now. I have got readings to do so till next, love ya :)

No comments: