Tuesday, April 13, 2004

13:11.

Have you ever felt the limitation of your body?

Felt the restriction of your skin?

Longed to jump out of this earthly tent?

I have.

Easter Camp was amazingly wonderful. Every praise and worship, God's spirit was prevalent. From within me bursting and overflowing to hanging on my physical body, the glory of heaven weighing - not physically, and in no way constricting or unpleasant - on my arms and hands.

You should know - I took a real long time to decide to go for Easter camp. Last Thursday, I yoyo-ed between going and not going, and on Friday, during the OCF meeting, the camp's chairperson gave an impromptu speech. It was guilty of rambling but in it, he said something about how wonderful it would be, just imagine, worshipping God with 300 other people, it would almost be like heaven.

I think heaven would be indescribably better but what he said made an impact in my choice to go. On Thursday, I had told Hannah that one of the strongest pull factors for Easter Camp for me was starting and ending the days with praise and worship. On Friday, he said that.

I think I lost myself in worship.

Though there were 200-plus people all around and I was aware at the back of my mind that I was not alone, it felt like it was just God and me. Every time we praised and worshipped.

My poor (poor as in scanty, week, needy not sad or sorry) little heart felt like it was about to rapture.

I, was in rapture.

I was lost, I was almost helpless, desperate in my desire to worship and glorify God with all of me.

All Of Me - All In All. These were the words that kept popping in my mind. I wanted to give it all for the One who died for me, the One who made it possible for me to live, to hope, to love, the One who is my everything.

It was not enough to raise my hands, it was not enough to stretch my arms all the way up while almost tip-toeing, it was not enough to sing my lungs out. It was not enough to jump, or dance.

I felt the constriction of my body; my soul, spirit, and all of me wanted to jump out of my body and soar and worship God.

There was no start or end to where giving and receiving were. As I gave praise, worship, glory to my Jesus, I received. Like springs on a dry bed, like food to the starving, I was fed.

And I like to keep writing, to share of my Love's dearness but we have to do an essay that's due on Thursday together. I will get back to you and I do hope you had a good - existentially, truly, really, not good in a mundane obligatory way - Easter.

Love ya.

No comments: