Thursday, April 01, 2004

20:56.

Argh. I'm writing an essay about the beginnings and growing up years of Rock n Roll and Grunge, and to compare and contrast these. You would think it would be easy but it's just coming. I'm writing like a fangirl, and I have to bring in the academia aspect of these in a way that doesn't sound stuffy. I have got to look beyond what I always know and feel and see beyond the box I'm in.

You fall in love with rock n roll and grunge because of certain things (or because of everything, but articulated to you in only a few words) - the freedom of its spirit, the idealism and its tragedy, of something bigger than you yourself, of something good rather unexplainably.

So your (or at least my) vocabulary is limited to these few things, as are your (my) ideas. SO, sigh, yes, I'm writing about stuff I love and I'm not getting it together.

Doesn't help I don't have my music books here or that the library has been ravaged by others like myself.

Ummm.

No comments: