Thursday, May 20, 2004

13:32.

Today was the first day I woke up on time for my morning lessons so far. Lest you think me decadent, sleepyhead and lazy, the last two notes may be true but it's actually just two lectures I missed since I don't have classes on Mondays.

Today is also the day I got my first Credit for the semester. Sigh. I know it's okay to not get straight Distinctions and Higher Distinctions and really any how, I have never been a Straight-As student (unless you factor in sporadic moments in primary school and then selected subjects only across the ages but consistency has never been with me somehow) but it seriously doesn't feel good. Feels rather bad really and it makes me edgy now I'm facing two essays, two presentations (next Wed, both) and two journals. Just have to work harder and keep plugging away. Pray for me please. There's a lot of work to get done.

After class, I went to print out an essay, submitted it, meandered to a music instruments store to look at drum sticks, walked a long way to the post office in North Melb to retrieve a package to find out it was a unauthorised repeated internet purchase that I should not be getting, walked the 20minutes home, lift was not working, climbed five flights of stairs, discovered one of the lens on my shades was missing a screw.

Whew, eh? As I walked the stairs, I was wondering if it is going to be one of those days and dialoguing wryly with Dad.

Then, my day received a ray of sunshine.

Ahem, ahem, I cooked Char Kway Teow *beams*. Tasted quite good and authentic, if I may say so myself, though it didn't have clams (not going to go hunt for them and deshell them) and lard (never been a fan any how).

*beams more*

*grins*

*chuckles*

*rolls eyes at myself*

But back to serious matters... do pray for me.

Next Friday, I'm drumming for OCF. It would be my first time drumming and until last night, I didn't know another center will be joining us. It's also one of those nights when we have a speaker instead of spliting into bible study groups like we usually do. This I didn't know until last night too.

Regular readers of this blog will know how much I miss playing for God. How much I miss drumming, my piano and playing in the worship team. And I am immensely thankful that I was asked to play next Friday. I have to be honest though that I am also nervous. Sometimes even very nervous. And it doesn't help that the song list is entirely unfamiliar to me. No, the Mandarin congregation I was at the last seven years didn't play fast Hillsong or Planet Shakers songs which makes up next Friday's song list.

Yes, I need a lot, a lot of prayer.

Dear Lord, hold me close and hold my hands.

No comments: