Wednesday, November 10, 2004

01:59.

"I will go where You send me
Jesus, take me now I'm Yours
I'm Yours
I lay my life on the altar
Every thing I give to You alone
Here I am"
- Here I Am, Planet Shakers

This song, the theme song for July Camp, will always mean so much to me.

I don't sing songs just because that is what I am supposed to do in church or OCF or Urban Life. I sing because I want to, because I need to, and because I have A Reason to sing. I worship with my mind too.

And with all songs, I am aware of lyrics and I evaluate biblical correctness and how much I mean the words that pass my lips.

I guess to sum that up, it's just that I won't sing without heart and conviction because empty words are simply that - empty.

So I've sung the songs, evaluated the thoughts and meant the words. I have given my heart, Lord. And now, I live them. I lived them, am living them, and will live them.

Wherever it is You want me, Lord, here am I. And I will go.

I'm not digging my heels in and forcing my time. I will only dig my heels in if You say stay but the world protests to make me move. Where you want me to be, I will go. For only in You am I complete.

"Evermore... I am Yours evermore"
- Evermore, Planet Shakers

I am Yours. It was in City Church while singing this song when I started to pray. A leather tag on my jeans brands it as Levis'. Designers mark their creation with their names. When you are someone's, it is supposed to be reflected in your appearance. I asked to be branded, marked, as God's. As Jesus'.

"Whatever it takes, I will be one who lives in the fresh fullness of life
Of those who are alive from the dead, whatever the cost, whatever it takes"
- Cassie's song, The Kry

The journal of Columbine's High martyr arranged in song were lyrics and song on my lips this noon. So whatever it takes... whatever You need to do, Lord do in me. I want to reflect Christ. I want to truly be Light. I want people to be able to see that I am Yours.

"My prayer is still the same"
- Rain Down, Planet Shakers

You are telling me, You have been telling me an answer. We are back to the beginning. I will seek You first above all else. I believe, yes, I believe that once you find the meaning of life, every thing else - happiness and all that one existentially desires - fall into place. It's You, Lord, it's all about You. I will seek no one and nothing else.

You are my first love.

And I am Yours.

I adore You.

No comments: