Monday, November 01, 2004

12:41.

I miss home.

It's not really about Singapore. Nor is it about how I already miss Melbourne even as I spend my last month or so here. Somehow, in my current stateless make-up, I yearn for that home I know I am going back to.

"Home... hard to know what it is if you never had one
Home... I can say where it is but I know I'm going Home
That's where the heart is" - Walk On

Less than an hour after I got up for the day, I was on this futon with my guitar, strumming and singing Rich Mullin's If I Stand.

"So if I stand, let me stand on the promise that You will see me through.
And if I can't let me fall on the Grace that first brought me to You!
And if I sing let it be for the joy that has born in me these songs
and if I weep let it be as a man who is longing for his ho-ome"

I don't have my heart.

I've given it to my God and Lord a long time ago.

Oh sure, I perpetually am tugging it back for the stupidest reasons.

But it's still with Him.

That's the only way it can live on.

Three chords, a red guitar and the truth.

And I miss drumming already.

No comments: