Friday, June 24, 2005

12:16.

Not ashamed.

Those two words have been in my head for close to a week now. Maybe five days? Somewhere around there.

Not ashamed.

Not ashamed to declare to the world that I'm in love. Not ashamed to call my man my boyfriend and be affectionate. Not ashamed of what we have.

"How the mighty have fallen" - I've heard this phrase a couple of times from close friends. They were describing me, how I have truly completely fallen for you, soppy, emo and all.

How the mighty have fallen. And I'm not ashamed of it.

We were careful in our love, in the road we took to get here where we are. We are still prudent, knowing there are lines, but maybe I'm just that bit reckless now.

I'm not keeping quiet, just in case I get hurt. Fear should not be part of this. I'm not staying silent, in case people see this un-me side of me and deem me weak. Pride (the wrong type) should not be part of we. I'm not keeping it in.

I want to shout it out from the rooftops.

'cause our God rocks. you rocks. we rock.

No comments: