Saturday, June 04, 2005

18:58.

It has been a long time since I can click on weather.com with the knowledge that the info I seek would be applicable on an actual, practical level.

It is 120 today.

120 days since I left Melb.

And I'm going back next week. :)

Can I tell you how mind baffling good God is?

Just on Wednesday, I was telling Ray about how a correspondent was going around the office asking some folks what they know about Fantastic Four. Me, since I came back, have buried my nose into X-Men, Amazing Spiderman and Fantastic Four. Hey, I even just finished reading a collection on Tuesday night. I told the correspondent I read FF and in fact, can tell him their history, love lives and all that but one rule in the newsroom is that temps don't go on junketts.

He basically told me, sorry dear. But I msged my supe and just said the same things I told him, adding that I do understand if I don't get it but yeah, I know my stuff for sure.

And on Friday 12-ish, she called me and told me the executive editor approved it.

I got the junkett.

A trip to Sydney for the Fantastic Four premiere this side of the world.

Despite being still on contract. Despite having only been back in the newsroom for about 2 and a half months.

The exact details are being ironed out but I should be flying out on Tues night, reaching Sydney on Wed morn, and by Fri, the FF work should be wrapped up. I'd wander around Sydney for a while, buy krispy kremes, and then catch my one-hour flight to Melbourne.

:)

And there I would stay until the 18th or 19th.

I am still in shock, awe, bafflement, amazement.

I never expected to be able to go back so soon. Sept was the set date for my hol back, a far-off month that I steadily plod towards on a course I try to keep straight.

And now....

God is using 20th Century Fox to bring about his will.

I reckon that's darn cool.

My mind hasn't totally understood this. How He just flinged wide the doors and exceeded my expectations.

I'm going back to Aust, and the company is paying my trip to and fro.

And on the work front, I am feeling adult and all journo at this first proper overseas assignment.
This time next week and this time next fortnight, I would be in Melb.

Those people I have missed will be on hand to hug and observe, not a name on Msn, or a voice on the phone or photos or memories.

The streets I have longed to walk down again, I would be able to.

The places to have coffee and dine at, I can frequent again.

The air, wintry now.

The window seat, I hope it's still there.

The drumset.

The wide(r) open spaces.

Vic Mkt.

Safeway.

RMIT.

CCBC.

JB Hifi.

Trams and Flinders St. State library and Melb Central.

Horses and carriages.

Good mocha. Vienna coffee. brekkie.

Church!

I tried to tell God today everything on my mind and I couldn't. I sat in some awe and much thankfulness and I sung along to worship songs playing from my lappie and just felt overwhelmed.

I tried to write down how I feel and again I couldn't. I keep looking up at nothing in particular and have random thoughts run through my mind.

What would it be like?

How would I feel?

How would it be like?

What changes would there be?

How would I react?

What would I do?

Would I be too cold? (hah)

How would it be like.

How would it be like.

YOU have taken us this far Lord. YOU have taken me this far. Thank You for trusting me, for loving me, for giving me exceedingly, abundantly above what I could imagine. Thank You for blowing my mind. I want to love You so much more. Even as I want to see Your work in my life.

More. Evermore.

And it's just six days more.

No comments: