Monday, July 18, 2005

14:59.

*gasp*

And darn, there's no one immediate around that I can share this to but Delirious and Hillsongs are both coming to Singapore for this year's Festival Of Praise (Aug 5 to 7).

[Didn't want to sms you, r a y dear, in case I distract you from ULU2 prep :) ]

Whoa.

Delirious' website confirms it and so does Darlene Zschech's.

And there's Sonic Fest coming up end of this month where Sonicflood and Planetshakers will be here in the biggest Christian music fest we have ever had.

There's an extra draw inside this time because I have to admit it - I miss City Church's culture.

I miss knowing I can be totally unrestrained without being disruptive, for that is a concern for me.

It has been over five months since I am in Sg. Over 20+ weeks of playing the keyboard, guitar and drumming for church every Sunday I am present.

I love serving in the ministry and I make effort to worship while I play. My quiet times often are filled with enjoyable sing-loudd worship, just You and me. But I cannot deny I miss what I miss.

I miss the fellowship, I miss people with good hearts who just want to have clean fun, I miss having folks with open hearts, I miss having people pour into my lives and me being able to give back what I can, I miss being generally surrounded by people who don't feel a need to prove any thing.

That was the good life.

And yet this is a period when among other preparation, I am to learn with more finality and sureness what I want and do not want and what I am willing to give up or not to give up.

And that is good. We all got to bleed. Sometimes, we learn via scars.

"Hold me in Your arms
Never let me go
I want to spend eternity with You"

Jesus, You are still my first love. Evermore.

Thank You. 'cause I know You are with me, midair or underground, soaring or quivering, on solid ground or on water, in my joy or my sorrow, in Singapore or Melbourne or Malaysia or wherever You choose to take me.

I will always serve You.

Faith produces miracles.

Picture - Me, somewhere. Path - unseen. Route everywhere - Misty, blurred. I walk with head held up high. I realised walking with my head hanging down doesn't aid me any way. I continue to squint against the blurrness which obstructs my comprehension of what lies beyond. I walk. In Faith.

Because I can't see what's coming - thus, my foolishness has not limited what is to come in any mental picture - something exceedingly, abundantly far above all I could ever ask or imagine is just about to surprise me.

Come on, God.

In You I trust.

Take the world, but give me Jesus.

No comments: