Friday, February 03, 2006

11:35.

So I won't forget.

From Next Wave.

I Don't Know

03 February 2006


Hebrews 11:13 & 16 'All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance ... Instead, they were longing for a better country-- a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.' (NIV)

Some people will tell you that faith in God means you can do anything. Actually, that isn't true. There are some things in life I can't do if I want to live by faith. Faith actually places restrictions on my life. As a good friend of mind says, faith has an 'I don't know' quality at about it. We're not talking here about doubt, at least not doubt in reference to God's promises. If you don't make the conscious decision to believe God's word, no matter what your feelings or circumstances tell you, you won't see any of the power of faith in your life. But having faith does not mean that you have all the answers or that you know the outcome of something ahead of time; in fact, if your life is so predictable that you never have to take a risk, faith can't operate in you. If you've mapped out your life so clearly that there is no 'I don't know' about your future, you will never witness first-hand the amazing power of faith in God. Don't be afraid of life's 'I don't know' situations. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, in faith that God will come through. He will -- and usually in surprising ways!

Prayer: 'Father, help me to live a life that is full of 'I don't know' moments, may I simply trust everything to the word you have spoken over my life. I want to make your name great, by proving what you can do even in the midst of my weakness and uncertainty.'

No comments: