Tuesday, February 28, 2006

15:31.

These are the best years of our lives.

25 years old. Sg girls my age would have got a decent amount of savings from the years of work we had (2 years+ headstart over our guys who had to serve conscription), started to enjoy more and more the benefits of being economically independent, enjoy dining at restaurants, shopping more, spending more and indulging further in cosmetics, hair stuff, spas, the latest IT gear and the lifestyle offered to those with youth and cash.

It's a good place to be. But not the path I've chosen.

On Sun, a 21-year-old church friend waiting to go into uni remarked while comparing herself to me: "At least you have a good job, a boyfriend, achievements befitting those your age! Me, I don't have any thing!"

"Had a job," I pointed out.

Like three weeks ago. And having a boyfriend should never count as achievement or you would start building your self worth on possessing him.

With the conviction that prompted me to quit due soon to take me even further away from that mid-20 would-be yuppie lifestyle, I feel it is my responsibility to warn all and sundry of the past tense in lives.

These are the best years of my life. The best years of our lives.

And Lord, I give them all to You.

A debt of love that's every part my choice made in free will. A repayment on my promise at the moment of salvation to give you a full 100 per cent of me.

All of me for all of You. Lord, I'm holding You accountable for every Promise You have for me, for us.

We will not hold back our sacrifices, nor cheat the Lord with a blemished lamb.

Lord Jesus, these are the very best years of our lives and we dedicate them to You - To build Your Kingdom and not ours, to build Your House and not just our own, to lift You up high instead of holding on to the temporal our hands can grasp.

Lord, we give our best years to You. And we trust that You will honour us.

Amen.

No comments: