Saturday, March 18, 2006

1217.

I used to cry every time I heard History Maker by Delirious.

I cried because I was cynical and to the "Is it true today...?" lyrics, I could only wish I could say yes but not break through my, if you like, "protective coat" of cynicism. 'cause heck, I believed and fell flat before. 'cause heck, I trusted and got betrayed before.

Not that rare though not that often, people fail us - Someone hurt you, and when that someone, being in the family of God related, acts like a flippin' cow on high-speed egocentric, blind to own flaws mode with pretty mask on so that not everyone sees, well, you get hurt doubly. 'cause it's family. And 'cause it's family, it sometimes feels like betrayal.

I do know how you feel, how family, loved ones, people in who hope is - or was - placed... seem more like turd than treasure. But hey, above all, God is real. Even when his ambassadors are lacking.

And before we scream "quality check, please on them rift raft", may God help us remember - We didn't earn our salvation and are each a child of Grace... too.

Because of God and the fact that He lives in me and helps me do things I can't do on my own, I realised I am always empowered 'cause I always have choices.

We can choose to be people of choices.

God doesn't need to live behind the veil of the misdemeanors of those who claim to serve Him and those who genuinely do but trip up and spill what they carry into your face. Your God doesn't need to be "unclear".

He loves you, it's that simple.

He loves you, it's that simple.

He loves you, it's that simple.

Certain truths never ever erode.

I still cry at History Maker. 'cept now I got past my wall of cynicism and fear of being let down, I cry because I believe and I know I have the power through Him to shake this world. Help me believe more, help me live it.

One life to give. And it passes in a twinkling.

Won't you dance too?

No comments: