Wednesday, March 08, 2006

12:20.

Update time.

Feb 7 - Last day of journo work
Feb 9 - R a y came to Sg
Feb 15 - S k y e went to PJ, Msia with R a y
Feb 21 - S k y e came back to Sg
Feb 21 to 28 - One week of fasting and praying abt whether God's call was in SG or Msia.
Feb 28 - Decided it's Msia.
March 1 - S k y e starts sending resumes and reading up on visas, work permits, accomodation....
March 2 - R a y met his employer-to-be unplanned
March 3 - Employer-to-be called him personally for intw
March 4 - R a y went to employer-to-be house on a Sat for intw
March 6 - R a y met employer-to-be and a sister company's C E O for one more intw
March 6 (still) - R ay got hired! :)

It's always great to see how God opens doors and how perfect R a y's job really seem - A chance to do marketing and design work in a big company and at the same time, get involved in the Msian chapter of an international ministry that the bosses (Christian, yes) are heavily involved in.

Builds up my faith, it does. Even as it has officially been a month since I was an economically independent adult.

I'm pressing in - In prayer and in sending out resumes. The visa thing looks scary - There's forum talk of how it can take up to nine months to obtain work visa and you have to get an employer to want you and apply for you - but whew, my God can put any army to flight.

I've never been jobless. Was one of the first to start working after Polytechnic - Started work in June after school ended end of May 2002. A day after I tendered my notice for that job, an acquaintance called me out of the blue to offer me another job. While in that latter job, two interviews with two of Sg's dailies came through and I left to join one. When I came back from Melb in Feb 2005, I came back to a job offer that was already made in Dec 2004 while I was still in Melb.

God has always been faithful and I trust that He will still be faithful now as He always is.

But I do appreciate all the prayers I can get :)

Cheers, kind readers. Have a good day now.

Toodles.

No comments: