Wednesday, July 19, 2006

09:47.

I stepped on a lizard just now.

A live, wriggling lizard.

Or at least, the detached tail was wriggling when I right myself after almost slipping after stepping on it.

We stared at the pink-ish little worm-like thing jumping around like crazy. I thought it was a worm. Then Ray said, "Oh, you stepped on a lizard" and. I. went. EWWWWWWWWWWWWW. and rushed to the platform edge and scrapped the mess off my right shoe.

Like Ewwwwwwwww.

I let loose some more Ewws and Aaaaahs in utter total gross-ified horror.

And all these took place right in front of the company's main doors too so when we finally stepped in, I had to blurt out a whimpering, tormented "I stepped on a lizardddd".

She was suitably sympathetic.

As we took the staircase up, I thought there seemed to be something squishy and soft as my right foot stepped down and I let loose two more very tormented "ewwwwww"s.

I had to give another explaination to the curious adminstrative team that greeted us at level 1.

I limped around (too freaked to step down properly in case there is something squishy), set up my laptop then limped to the loo with the intention of scraping any remains (like literally remains) off my shoe then realised I couldn't make myself do it. Heck, it would means some gross things being in the loo's floor. I got out of the loo and placed my shoe over a dustbin but could not do it either. Heck, it would mean the poor souls sitting near there would have to face gross, icky lizzie remains.

Ew.

So I limped downstairs to my boyfriend (Aiyoh, so helplessss!) and asked him to accompany me to go out, then take my shoe and scrap it off. The poor boy took the shoe, turned it around then found that... there wasn't any thing.

I was more relieved any thing, though it might mean my mind played tricks on me (Mind: There's soft squishy lizzie remains on your shoeeeee! Me: Nooooooooooo!).

Ray says the whole company knows I stepped on a lizard.

Where got?

Only those who were here then what.

Hahaha.

Stupid lizard, don't you know you are supposed to stay off the floor?

Grrrrr.

No comments: