Monday, July 17, 2006

13:56

One of the best lines in a movie review I've read for a while. From NYT on Pirates Of The Carribean: Dead Man's Chest.

"And there are other memorable bits and pieces, visual highlights of a movie with no particular interest in coherence, economy or feeling. Ms. Knightley is, once again, a vision of imperial British pluckiness, with an intriguing dash of romantic recklessness that surfaces toward the end. Mr. Bloom, as is his custom, leaps about, trying to overcome his incurable blandness, and is upstaged by special effects, musical cues, octopus tentacles and pieces of wood. Naomie Harris turns up for a few scenes of hammy voodoo, and Mackenzie Crook and David Bailie contribute some proletarian slapstick."

LOL.

And go watch Pirates, it's worth it :)

Among my many choice gems of witty, inspired, undeniably Depp-ed quotes was that scene in the trailer where Elizabeth and Jack (sorry, Captain Jack) were talking about doing what's right.

Elizabeth: “There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by"

Hahaha.

Oooh, and the "dichotomy between good and evil" bit was totally priceless.

And the parrot's (tiny spoilers ahead) "Don't eat me. No. Don't eat me" was a wonderful give away to the next scenes. Ooh, ooh, and I love Jack's make up gibberish in those next scenes - They were gibberish 'nuff and yet you could deduce what he was saying, just adding suffixes to words.

References to the first movie were funny and great (pooch with keys, hehe) though I wish the monkey die already.

I love the insane mastery of whismical idiocy.

:)

And I would love May 2007 to get here! Spiderman 3 and Pirates 3. Like gollygee whatchamacallitwhiz I want.

Yes, I had a great weekend, starting from Fri night.

Will get photos up soon :)

No comments: