Sunday, July 02, 2006

20:49.

In Singapore, my hair smells like Dove conditioner.

That's 'cause my huge bottle of Pantene went to Malaysia with me and the half full tube of Dove stayed here.

When the wind blew, slightly cool and soft and gentle, and sent my hair moving as I walked along that lane from the bus stop to my block, I smelled the fragrance and thought about how I probably shouldn't have spent so much on Body Shop and like-category stuff. Oops.

I have been in Singapore for about a day now.

I noticed it the last time I was back - Somehow, my home register in my consciousness in a way akin to that time when I stepped back home from Melbourne. There's a certain smell in the air, pretty pleasant, I think mixed with shower gel smell for some reasons, a certain feel to the rooms, and oh, my lovely lovely bolster so soft and cuddly.

Oops.

Bak Chor Mee, mee kiat, extra chili, extra vinegar, please.

Mmm.

I drummed for service this morning. At 630, my hp alarm went off and so did my Dad - He got up and came to my room and called me to wake up, just the way he does regularly.

Church is the same but bigger. Bigger crowd with more faces I do not recognise.

Drumming was very very enjoyable with a freedom in the Spirit, close-your-eyes-and-sing-out-loud moments and chit chat afterwards with some aunties, uncles and the young women.

Two aunties - one almost 70 and another in her 40s - were learning line dance together when most people left. The older one was the teacher. "You got to shake your hips," she said.

I was chatting with a new comer, a young China girl, just few days old in Singapore and hoping to find a job in advertising and graphic design which she took a degree for.

I found myself a bit worried for her. Working overseas ain't that easy and ain't that hard but knowing English well helps here.

I'm supposed to be working from home this week, doing design work, and I'd also be making a trip to the Sg office. Not sure when though so I would have to call them tomw and check.

One of my aunties is having a chalet tonight at Changi Aloha. It started yest alrdy. I'd prob be going tomw, am undecided whether I want to stay a night or not. It would be good to see the aunties again though. I wish R a y is with me so we can revisit Changi together. We spent Valentine's there. It's a pretty lovely place, colonial bungalows next to the sea and all.

Still, my love will be coming on Sat so that's cool :)

I plan to take some time out, chill, relax, don't-do-any-thing-except-think-journal-pray-worship stretches this week. Also, I am looking forward to meeting my amigos around town.

Spent this afternoon with church friends at Plaza Sing. They bought me Anderson's ice cream after I refused cake. Hah. Walked around after that, hit my two usual shops. Was pretty amusing walking around and just being "girl", I think.

My brother just showed me this whole prelude to some super 3D war game he's playing. When I sat down at his bed end and looked at his flat screen monitor, it felt very familiar and quite sweet I guess. I think I like knowing he can have someone in the house who he can show such techy stuff to. My parents are not techy.

It has been a good day. Nearly fell asleep a few times on the MRT ride back... nothing changed, hah, sunday afternoons and sleepy me.

Sidenote: I love being able to use 11mbsp unlimited wireless any where in the house.

Over and out.

Updates later :)

And *huggs* for my baby.

No comments: