Tuesday, July 18, 2006

How We Spent Sunday


Our Sunday's brunch which became lunch. Spicy sausages (the real type like Vic Mkt's), scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes and shrooms!
copyright/ amadeo

The day started at 9-ish. I swept the apt, washed clothes and showered and got ready. We planned to make the sorbet first so it could freeze as we cook the rest but my love was caught up. So I started to make the Orange Brioche.

When he came, we (mostly him) started on the Lemon Sorbet (sorry, no pix). And then, it was time to attack an Aussie brekkie, I mean, all-day brekkie as the brioche dough proves away. We ate brekkie, lunch, I mean
at about 130, I reckon. And I got to put roll the dough and put the brioche into the oven at about 3. 15 minutes after that, we had fresh brioches to makan. With magarine spread over like u wld do a scone, it was... good :D

We lazed around and stir the sorbet at appropriate moments. By 445, we were off to Ray's house where we watched a bit of TV then went out to the pasar malam with his folks. It's a ritual of sorts now, a routine that I like. I'd grab some veggies and fruits for the week and I'm quite enchanted with freshly squeezed sugarcane juice with no added sugar at all (phwoar). Then, we would all go for dinner together. This Sunday evening, dinner was steamboat at a place near to his place. And then, back to his place where we had the sorbet :) All in all, it was a very good weekend.


Orange-scented brioches :) My first attempt at working with bread and dough. It actually turned out pretty good, though I shld had added more orange zest.
copyright/ amadeo

No comments: