Friday, October 01, 2004

01:51.

*smiles*

It rocked. It really did. Drumming a song like Accidentally In Love with delightful company, all persons who know their stuff heaps more than I do. The energy, the synergy, the whole fun of playing in a band and performing instead of playing for a worship session, every thing clicked, gelled and rocked.

[And I chose the song.]

Some of these folks really impress me. The 18-year-old who breaks into guitar solos that actually make my jaw drop and spine tingle in pleasure and amazement, the 24-year-old medical student and very encouraging and helpful fellow musician who so gamely does silly stuff to get people to laugh, the 22-year-old bassist who decides he wants to sing lead for the first time and gutsy-ly does so while playing bass too. These folks blow my mind.

The only time I looked up from the set and into the crowd, I saw cameras flashing and folks advancing towards the band with videos and what-nots. It felt rather... good. All in good fun, you know. Just like drumming in a dress after kicking off my heels.

I am chuffed. God is amazing.

It's unreal. I finally performed a song as a musician. I think all of us were grinning or chuckling when we ended, it was such good fun but all that practice and all was over in three - all right, maybe four - minutes?

Golly gee.

Golly, golly, golly.

No comments: