Friday, October 22, 2004

0435.

This is odd.

All is done.

Done.

Completed.

I have finished my final essay, that one due next Tuesday, I have finished it.

I am feeling... feeling-less at the moment. Hah.

I remember blogging last year after a late night at work, 3am to be precise. I don't think I ever expected that 3am working nights would become such a norm for me now. Or rather, they have been.

Now that I don't have any more school work to do, maybe I won't stay up so late any more.

This is weird.

Is it done?

Yes, it is. My Asian Cinema essay on Asia and Asian-ness representation in Kill Bill Vol. 2, it is done. Not a brillant piece of work, and I realise how Cinema subjects are a lot more enjoyable during the semester when you are watching films and discussing them rather than having to put pen to paper and make coherent cultural arguments.

I just yawned. It's 0442am. For some reason, I feel wide awake. Despite that yawn, yes. Some night bird - nightingale, could it be? - has been singing somewhere outside for a long time and likewise, for some while already, the traffic has been increasing.

All is quiet in the house, me at "my end" of the kitchen table, except for the tick-tock of the living room clock and the tapping of these keys I hit.

Oh wow. I can't believe I am done.

It is October 22 2004.

On Feb 09 2004, I boarded a Qantas plane at Singapore and arrived here in Melbourne on Feb 10, early morning.

It was a drizzly day. It was my first time flying alone, I didn't had any sleep at all on the flight, and my first glimpse of this apartment was that it looked like a condo, like an apartment, not a home. It was spartan, it still is if not for our clutter, and oooh, yes, the lovely drum set. But since that day, this has become home in a lot more ways.

It has been some days past eight months since Melbourne became my city of residence. And it has been about eight months since I started school and now (unofficially, albeit) I end?

Between now and graduation on Dec 15, what do I do?

Actually, now what do I do is a question that flitted through my mind just... oh my gosh! The skies are turning blue!!! Sunrise is coming!!!

*scuttles off to get camera*

Am back.

This is so darn cool.

A number of times when I worked till after 4am, I told myself I should just stay up till 5am and catch the sunrise but never did. What better day than the last day I have to stay up late for work to do this?

It's 0453. Skies are turning indigo, I have an idea where the sun should be rising from but I don't see a significant lightness in the skies there.

I sit and wait.

Life.

Is.

Good.

No comments: