Saturday, October 23, 2004

22:26.

Fresh scallops are amazing stuff. Absolutely totally far-out good stuff. And they are only about $15 per kg. How far out is that. Germaine and me were wondering where abouts in Singapore we could get fresh scallops (with the orange coral intact) and we really could not think of any where which would sell these beauties we get from the lovely Vic Mkt.

I got a tray (about 400grams?) for $5 near closing time. Baked one batch with prawns and veggies and sauteed the other batch with butter, mixed herbs, garlic salt and a dash of lemon.

I am addicted. Gonna eat more of these gorgeous seafood before I leave here.
And I am the new owner of a 3-disc Elle Fitzgerald set, The Byrds Super Hits, Johnny Cash's Ring Of Fire and The Best Of Don McLean... all for $31. Melbourne record stores sales are good for classics fans like me. I was already very much restrained, honest.

No comments: