Monday, October 04, 2004

13:50.

In a moment yesterday, the distance between S k y e T circa Jan 2004 and S k y e T circa now hit me between the eyes.

It was in church, and the pastor was acknowledging that people have been hurt by the church and there are some who might or may have felt or feel that they love God but do not love the church. Invountarily, I mumbled, "That sounds familiar" after which my own words kind of struck me. The intensity of the days when I just didn't like the church even as I could love it in some ideological sense fleetingly touched me there as I sat in my chair in church.

Those days are over.

It's as simple as that. As final and absolute as such. Over.

I started praying about my return a while back. Not just the where-should-I-go bit but praying for my God to prepare me for this return and to open the way and bless my future endeavours and for me to be able still to bless others and love more.

There in church, I threw away the worries and doubts and fears and I cover 2005 with faith. Light flooded the future in my mind's eye. Not unlike some sci-fi movie, a picture of myself being flooded with light from the inside by a beam of light coming right at me was in my head.

It was about three weeks back perhaps when while walking up the stairs (this is exercise) and remembering the goodness shown me throughout the years, God spoke.

"Whatever you put your hands to, I will bless."

I was taken back. I know this not to be a licence to chase and hanker after my own desires for their fulfillment but a promise like the one given to Solomon and the kings of Israel. As long as I seek You first above all else, You will bless me and make the way straight.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: