Friday, March 11, 2005

18:05.

"Xiao Mei".

Do I look in any possible way like a Xiao Mei??!

....

I do understand it and respond to it if the people employing the term (meaning "little sister" or "small girl") are significantly older but argh, this next one goes on the list of things I honestly detest sincerely - middled aged men at pasar malams or shops first, calling me "xiao mei" and then, eyeing me the way they do.

Grrrrrrrr.

[Bkgrd info: That happened just now when I went to the neighbourhood shopping centre to get an early dinner. There was a little pasar malam about the centre. I was make-up-less, clad in pink Planet Shakers conference tee and jeans (I still pull on my jeans even when I am just popping out nearby) and loping along quietly blissfully before I realised a chorus of grrr, "xiao mei"s sounding from behind while I waited at one of the stalls for the taiwanese chicken snack I ordered to be re-heated].

Bah, don't take your boredom out on me or something.

Go away.

No comments: