Saturday, April 16, 2005

20:29.

Thursday night, I worked till 1am Friday morning before I caught the company's night transport mini bus home. Covered my first fashion show, ain't a big scale one, a small showcase from a rising Taiwanese designer.

The sole male model got screams from er, the females from the organising company. And the male reporters got an eyeful when a female model popped out of her very low cut dress. The Asia Pac media show up was as different from the good looks on stage as possible. One gent possibly from Taiwan or China was in berms and a crumpled Tee shirt.

But let's leave that day behind, as it already is.

Tomorrow night, I would be working late again, covering an annual charity show, then getting into the office to file the story to be appear in Monday's edition of the paper.

As of now, I have a TV review, a music review, three music related features to write and explore, one feature about a new local show, a news article to chase, and a weekly column whose photos have been shot but interview not completed yet.

This week, I would have to finish: That charity show article, the tv review, the local show feat, and chase one music feat. Would like to finish the weekly column thing too if I can. And am doing the news interview on Monday.So may have to write that up too.

I am, often: In that mode where the brain is firing away, keeping itself updated on the work one has to complete by when. That mode which cannot be switched off even when you walk out of the office. Which prevents you from soothing your tiredness with a nap on the train home, 'cause your mind takes time to slow down.

Yeah, baby, I am back in the flow, full-on, that journo delirium of deadlines. And it's so familiar it's soothing in a weird manner.

I am enjoying the work.

Loving doing interviews. This part is a very real bit, I savoured the interviews I had done so far. The face-to-face ones, that is, and a certain assuredness I feel going into interviews and during interviews that I well, simply savour.

Since I returned - and it has been a while - I have got a few comments about how I look different; one ex-editor mentioned that there's something different but she can't put her finger on it. I thought about it and put it down to 2004 being a time when I grew into my skin more. Like how I told a good friend, I know now more than I ever did that I am a child of the King, not a servant, and I will keep holding my head up high.

I am thankful for what I am doing, and enjoying it, but having time sometimes feels like something I don't have much any more. Time management - Ah, that is so important now. Knowing that a life without more of God is not one I want has to translate more into actions, constant morning and night seeking.

Sometimes, I catch myself feeling tired. Other times, just simply quietly happy in spite of any tiredness or the feeling of trying to juggle many things all at once.

That familiarity I mentioned earlier, helps me a lot during these times. I am not new to this. And that helps way lots. And the familiarity of it reminds me how I like this job.

I wonder: Does missing a place and people still mean you are not embracing where you are now?

I am still wondering, but I reckon the line on that is not that black and white indeed.

Ponder with me then.

And the rain outside that has since ceased, and the bright room light above has caused those tiny little flies to fly around the light before somehow falling to the ground, crawling around and just dying.

Poor things.

No comments: