Monday, April 18, 2005

23:32.

"Do not let this Book of the the Law depart from your mouth; mediate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it." - Joshua 1:8

The verse made me recall the one about guarding our hearts. We so often hear about how we must memorise scripture to guard our hearts, and often, the verses cited are those in the line of Joshua 1:8.

"that you may be careful to do everything written in it" is one reason to take the Word to heart and mind more seriously. There are many more reasons but on Sunday, as during we looked at Joshua 1:8 during discipleship, something that I never really expressed before came to me.

I take God's Word in not just so I may not sin against Him. But in totality, the Word of God is a guard for my heart and mind and all of me.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." This guards my heart against despair and helplessness.

"I have plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This guards my heart against hopelessness.

Hiding Your Word in my heart makes my heart keep beating, it keeps it flesh and red and alive. And Your Word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my eyes.

I love You, Word of God.

No comments: