Tuesday, October 25, 2005

14:10.

The past few days, probably the whole past week really, were started in the same style - I woke up slightly earlier or immediately at my alarm with uncharacteristic total mental "awakeness", body aching but mind completely unerringly up. Makes me get out of bed faster than I usually do.

Today, I didn't, choosing to snuggle my face into the pillow and will myself to return to sleep for a chance to dream.

I was dreaming that I was on a familiar street - Elizabeth, coming down from the hospital's side, that round about bit, past the yellow and blue building and the various shops flanking the roads.

Was on a bus with church friends, the same folks who just came back from a China mission trip. Was chatting with them before looking up and suddenly realising I am in Melbourne, that home is just two hundred metres away on the right.

I got up from my seat, tried to make my way to the front, the rickety bus swaying me from side to side. And I was quiet and half in shock at how I am almost home, how I unexpectedly just turned up here (weren't we supposed to be in rural China? the bus sure felt like it's supposed to be er, rustic), and I was talking loudly over the din, telling whoever would listen that I live here, trying to direct the unseen driver to drive to the left so I could stop outside of CCBC.

Then the alarm rang.

I woke up, thought to myself "maybe they (bosses at work) are sending me for a junket soon or something" then burrowed in to try to get back home.

It's exactly 60 days till I see you again.

And I wish the days will disappear, fast forward straight to the fourth week of December.

No comments: