Thursday, October 27, 2005

15:36.

"And I know it's not the first time
and it will not be the last...
when You find me here on my knees
praying for the storm to pass"

- How Do I Love Her, Steven Curtis Chapman

Feels like it has been forever since I have been in the house alone on an afternoon.

I think it's going to storm in an hour or so, I hear distant rumblings, it's a Thursday afternoon.

Today marks the first time I ever experience co-payment medical fees. Under the benefits as a full-time staff, I pay 10 % of the total bill when I visit the clinics affiliated to the designated medical company for my company.

It is pretty cool when the nurse warns you that one of the medication is pretty expensive and then charges you a whopping... $3.

I reckon that made the 35 minute walk I took to find that place worthwhile.

And not that any one who doesn't know woodlands well will understand this but why on earth is block 883 so far away from block 888? Where got 20-minute walk to find somewhere which is supposed to be 5 blocks away loh.

I think I properly broke in the mint green havianas r a y sent me traipsing around the neighbourhood.

I had to change two feeder buses to get back home.

Whinge (and weird acting stomach) aside, it has been a nice day.

I was sitting at the kitchen table just now, reporter's notebook out and reporter's mind planning workflow for a story, deciding whether to call a newsmaker for a short interview and whether to call my ed to brief and debrief so I can arrange for an intw on sat.

Then, it hit me - you know, girl, you can do this tomorrow. really. Shoved the workaholic to the back seat and decided to enjoy the day.

Sg has been stormy the past week, and I reckon I love it. Makes the walk to the clinic not as warm and heaps more enjoyable. Makes the mood more mellow.

October seems to be really taking its time to move along.

But we are going to make it.

Dad's got our back.

*lops off to take it easy, and journal some*

Peace out.

No comments: