Tuesday, April 18, 2006

17:08.

Saw this via charpinkie's lj. It's a photojournalist's chronicle of a terminally ill bride-to-be, her husband who loved her since he was 11 and the days before their marriage. I teared at the end. Respectfully, skillfully crafted tales like these of real people with real stories still remain inspiration for why I wanted to be a journalist. They also still remain wonderful testimonies to what journalism can be and the sort of journalism I would want to do.

For now though, I tell stories through my life and blog and seek to help write life stories by trying to tell people of the greatness of our God and the ever-full, ever-better, ever-hopeful life we are able to live.

For now, I try to do through my writing, me, and - the two's connecting glue - God something simple yet life changingly vital to life. I try to tell people that God has handed all of us a platter of the best things possible but we need to see the contents. Why only ever see and eat the spinach when there are seafood, wagyu beef, antipasto and the best ever gourmet delicacies created on your platter? I try to tell people that there's more to life and more to God and you are meant to experience the former as you run for the latter.

And I try, not very eloquently, to tell people that running for God is not a chore but the best thing to do in life.

Was watching a DVD yesterday (my first work task of my first day of work) and the pastor described something very well.

It's the inventor of an invention who knows fully the purpose of the invention. Imagine what a whatchamacallit the bulb must had looked like to everyone when it was first unveiled by Thomas Edison.

"What's it for?" They must had asked.

What are we here for? So we human beings ask with the understanding we possess.

Instead of all the look-into-yourself, ommmmm-yoga-bit, you should ask your inventor, your creator. You should look outside of you 'cause you, the created, can never on your own completely understand fully your purpose.

That was a bit of a tangent from this post but a powerful nugget.

I'm enjoying work so far. Had a meeting yesterday with the committee members - two pastors, the other full-time staff who handles mostly admin and accounts and my boss, the acting national director of the ministry.

Before the meeting, my boss told little old me that he wants me to sit on the committee (mind you, I'm not on the board, just committee) :)

Lots of things were discussed, there are lots to do and I have a steep learning curve but I'm enjoying it.

Would post more soon.

And thank God, the fever that has been following me very warmly and heavily around the last three days let up today.

God is good, as always, and my baby is here now, waiting for me to knock off (worked a half hour later today so our knock off times concided) so we can get into the little green getz and get back home.

It's good.

:)

No comments: