Friday, April 28, 2006

17:18.

About 42 minutes before knock-off time. Well, technically, I get off at 530 but this is the end of my second week and I only ever had one end-at-530 day so far. And it's not just 'cause I wait for my baby, who gets off at 6. Most times, I had work to do. There were even a few times when he had to wait for me.

I would be glad when this work week is over. The amount of work has been quite whew even as I am very thankful that I feel so at home here despite it being my second week and my unfamilarity with some of the workload.

I am looking forward to the weekend and praying that the moving process would go fine. The apartment's considered quite basic so I'd have to furnish it myself. The fridge bit is a bit of a bother - Do I pay rm500 for a new one-door fridge and they deliver it straight to me? Or do I go scout for second-hand ones and pay probably at least rm100 for them to lorry it to me?

I'm going to forgo buying a washing machine. Any way, most of my stuff seems to require hand washing and I rather spend the money on maybe a cheap sofa.

I'm looking forward to the moving in though though it has been awesome at Ray's with great home-cooked dinners, family atmosphere and great banter. I think I've fallen into the routine of waking up early, showering, getting ready then going down to brekkie (Ray would have made coffee) while reading papers, making sure I wash my mug a bit earlier so I can go upstairs to grab my bag, come down, grab a Vitamin C and a bottle of water, take my heels as I walk from door to car where my love would already be at, and then wear my heels in the car, put on lipstick and then sunnies as he drives us to work.

A very nice routine, yes, and we would banter and sing praise songs playing on the car's stereo and get to work 15 minutes later, park and walk to the office. Going home would be similiar. It always feels so nice to walk to the car together, drive home. We would get back, talk a bit to Ray's folks, go upstairs to change and then come down for maybe a bit of TV then dinner followed by some more family-round-the-tv time.

I still don't understand Canto dramas or the Malay news but it's a nice way to slow down the day.

But that said, yeah, I am looking forward to moving to this weekend's move-in. There was something very nice about the clean, open, airy apartment when we saw it on Wed evening. And there is something even nicer about furnishing it (however on a budget I am) with my boyfriend.

This is a new life and I am determined to live.

That's what we are all supposed for - We are meant to live.

So though these two days came with a few episodes of I-need-to-catch-my-breath, it's all really cool. Maybe the catching my breath is all natural reaction akin to how little birds feel when they first are pushed or leap off out of the nest to learn to fly.

Haircut tomw, dim sum on Sunday, cleaning up apt on Sat, moving furnishings in on Sat, Sun or Mon as and when we get them and moving my stuff over on Mon latest.

It's going to be a full weekend but it's going to be good.

I'm glad.

:)

No comments: