Friday, September 08, 2006

11:30.

I am thankful for the sound of chirping birds and kiddy voices from downstairs' kindergartens.

I am thankful for 25 years of life and going.

I am thankful for Hong Dao Primary, Mayflower Secondary, Ngee A n n Polytechnic and RMIT City Campus, Melb.

I am thankful for His Sanctuary, for Ps Daniel and Pauline, for Ps Joshua and Evelyn, for the band who graciously allowed me in when I was 16.

I am thankful for Blk 637, Ang Mo Kio and how it was my playground till I was 17.

I am thankful for the skateboard I found opposite the block when I was 11.

I am thankful for Mom and Dad, the best parents ever in the flipping universe.

I am thankful for my elder bro, J o h n, who was my best childhood friend, who "made" me started reading Enid Blyton, who shares a world of comics and funny movies with me.

I am thankful for Ray, my dearest boyfriend and my best friend.

I am thankful for Blk 501, Woodlands.

I am thankful for my own place at Damansara Perdana.

I am thankful for 55/ 222 Victoria Street with its wonderful view of the streets, and thankful to Hannah for finding and setting it up and thankful to Hannah and Germie for being the best housemates possible.

I am thankful for COC swanston st, OCF Park ville, City Church Planetshakers, Urban Life.

I am thankful for the lives I have been able to lead at all these separate places and phrases of my life.

I am thankful for the newsroom - irreplaceable Tribune and T N P, and I'm thankful for the friends who transcended the mould of mere colleagues.

I am thankful for, don't laugh, my clothes and all fashion accessories and stuff.

I am thankful for my lovely soft bloster.

I am thankful for rain and nice weather. For food and things like bak song, for fruits and veggies and 'shrooms.

I am thankful that I have enough to put food on the table and live a comfortable lifestyle.

I am thankful that when I look back at everything, I know You and me are going somewhere, that though I'm not always sure how or by when, You do.

I am thankful that life does have meaning, that there are reasons to live and that Hope exists.

I am thankful that when I sing "help, I need somebody", I have Somebody. And He is BIG.

I am thankful for love, for Love.

I am thankful for the sense of smell, for sight and hearing and touch and taste. I am thankful that all my facilities are in order and working.

I am thankful for Singapore, for PJ, for Melb, for the world.

I am thankful for the appreciation of words, arts and pictures.

I am thankful for music, for its power and depth.

I am thankful for d u m c, for the cg we have settled in.

I am thankful that the younger ones at ocf all seems to be going on strong.

I am thankful.

Just thankful.

It's 1151 on a Friday morning, I sit here at my blue Ikea table with my table fan blowing at me, I look up and I can see the clear skies, not overly sunny, I can hear the kiddies at the kinders downstairs and I can hear some birds chirping away, my mom's at the living room doing her devotion and my God is everywhere.

I am thankful.

Thank You and thank you all.

No comments: