Friday, September 22, 2006

Psalm September 20

Lord I’m so restless
Like a child obsessed about a toy
’cept the toy has long been lost
and I’m not too sure why I yearn or what

And like a Father (You are) You sing over me
And like my father (You are) You watch over me
Like my Father (You are) You dance around me
Like my Abba, You stay by me

Oh Lord I’m so blind some times I can’t see
Like a man whose sight has never been
And I run and crawl and hurt myself
But I’m not always sure why my flight

Yet like a Father (You are) You sing over me
And like my father (You are) You watch over me
Like my Father (You are) You dance over me
Like my Abba, You stay and stand by me

Jesus help me in my disbelief
When in miry clay I rather sit
Jesus help me in my unclearness
I ask too much and forget why

Then I ask why that and hurt myself more
And I try to do it on my own but my own ain’t ‘nuff to lean on

Jesus help me see and hear Your sweetest gaze
Your warmest touch, Your break of day

Jesus help me anew know Your loving Grace
Your mighty Name, Your all-knowing embrace
Jesus help me bow to Your sovereignty

’cause in constant clarity I do know You are
And in awareness always I know my price
What You paid for me, to wipe out sin
The meaning I seek is in You, my everything

So help these blind eyes see
deaf ears hear, broken, numb heart beat again
To trust, to love, to hold humility
Help these feet walk in Your steps

Holy Spirit, won’t You flood over me
Make me Your vessel of pow’r and peace
May hardship never break my spirit
May praise unto You always come from me

Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty
Dearest Lord, You are everything
He who was and is and is to come
My God is big, big enough for me

And so I sing and dance and rest

My Father He sings over me


9/20/2006 9:28 PM

No comments: