Thursday, September 07, 2006

15:34.

Quinessentially here.
The salty smell of dried tears on skin.
The I-really-don't-get-it but I know You do.
The pouring out of a soul laid bare.

Here with You.
I've said there's nothing else I won't do.
But days like these my soul's on fire
Saltwater the fuel, pain the screamer

But I'm here with You.
And You've said that's nothing else You won't do.
To see me run this race for You.
Your Word's the Rock, Grace the cheerleader

Mercy, mercy, Sweet Saviour
On this one buried under tears
Indignation, questions, economic fears
I'm wishing hellfire, brimstone on some peers

How I need Your Saving Grace, my Sire
New vision, new heart, no fears
Never to mistake hardness for strength
Never get more cynical yet be wise and clear

Lord Jesus, I never needed You more
And I never knew a time like this
And I don't want to let You down
Be thou my vision, Lord.
Be thou my all.

No comments: