Tuesday, March 06, 2007

0834.

I'm sitting at my cubicle at my new company, this early 'cause Ray has a meeting and has to drop me off earlier than usual. To the left of me is a pile of promo briefs with a merry Ronald waving. On top is a board with translites just like the menu board you see in the Maccers store. A thin strip of sticker line my desk's height saying ". With Hash Browns & Coffee/ Tea . Until 11.00am / weekdays & 11.30am / weekends". Restaurant brochures or FSPs, posters and random marketing tools are all around the office and Ronald Mc Don ald waves hallo every time you walk in the door.

Here's to my new chapter, marketing officer at Maccers.

So far so good. The senior mktg manager and mktg manager are away today till Fri but the latter lined up visits every day for me to go to printers, agencies and such to familiarise myself with the whole process.

Yesterday, time was whiled away reading promo briefs, employee briefs, materials on the intranet and such, plus half an orientation and then a meeting with l e o bur n e t t who presented the creatives for our april promo.

It was all very interesting, being a client and having the art director and designers and all pitch to you. haha. Being on the other side of the equation for just a bit. It felt engaging though, the process, pointing out design, conceptual and copy ideas to tweak and change and all that. Very much cool.

Technically, my offer letter states I start at 9 and get off at 545 but I knocked off at abt 640 yest. I reckon that's gg to be the norm and when work comes in, prob even later but I'll try to work fast, for which I first require to be brought up to speed on the terminology, process and all these structure before I can work the system.

I'm excited though.

After realising the stuff abt how I want to ultimately be building up a church, not a para church org and how being a minister every where and the divide between secular and sacred was more in my head than other where, I'm coming into this after months of "build up".

My paradigm about work has shifted and I'd like to be able to truly live out a difference, though I'm not quite sure how... yet.

I got to go to a printer for a tour in a bit, s k y e out for now.

xo

No comments: