Friday, March 16, 2007

09:37.

It's a Friday morning and the bosses are not in yet.

I'm nursing a coffee I was reluctant to have 'cause I've been feeling too caffeined but since I'm loathe to pay for an OJ at the Maccers downstairs when I should be getting my RM100 vouchers soon, I settled for coffee at the pantry still.

Today marks the 2nd week since I've been back here and it does feel like time has flown by.

I still have orientation going on here and there but the pace of mktg doesn't seem to allow my direct boss from focused training. She sent me an email apologising and asking me to do some research at 3am (!) so yeah, among every one, she's the most severely overloaded which is why I really want to be up to speed much faster so I can do more and the dept isn't so inbalanced.

That said, I did handle a few smaller projects this week.

It's not hard - Being small projects, they only involved liaising with the creative agency on the creatives, chasing them, checking through their work, and repeat. Being not totally on top of matters yet, I tend not to give approval straight away but to check with my direct boss first so I need to get that step out of the way.

There has also been a flurry of big meetings which I enjoyed generally, the brainstorming for campaigns, creative direction bit, esp the one with a movie tie-up were all interesting.

I'm slowly getting the hang of the thousand and one abbreviations (And I thought it's an SG thing) and the process of things.

And I'm getting a little more used to coming in to dozens of new emails every morning. I have to admit though that today's flurry of email really drove home the message I have to be super organised if I'm to keep keeping on top of matters and not slip up. It does look a bit overwhelming coming in every day, still being a greenhorn, and reading all the email instructions about work to do when your boss isn't around to direct or help.

Praise God He has been good and keeping me good.

So it's Friday. And honestly, I'm really happy that it's here. The week has not felt long but strangely, this morning, it did. So I am highly looking forward to this day passing fast (pls, Dad!), knocking off work, having dinner and showering, going to Life Grp and just taking it easy this weekend.

Would be meeting Germie babe on Sat and finally watching Pan's Labyrinth on Sat night. I plan to take it easy, maybe get a haircut with Ray, maybe go see some potential houses to rent, just chill and make sure I get a good break before the next week starts. Precious precious weekends... oooh, I really have to knuckle down and study for my advanced theory test on the 30th too. I've not even went through the book completely once!

Happy Friday and have a great weekend.

Love!
Me

4 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

YOU PLAY THE DRUMS????
what's goin on here.. how come i don't know this?!
hehe.. i just hope that this is really your blog and not some random other persons.. :)
your teeshirt was so oooooo nice tonight.. and i see your buying THREADLESS tees!! argh. jealous. they have such ultra-amazing tees.
ok.. long comment.
see uu sooon!
love xx

Anonymous said...

hehe. hi, sarah! i'm an extremely average drummer, tt's why u don't knw, heh. Yay for Threadless tees! The next time there's a sale and we do an order, I'd let u know :D xoxo - Skye!

Sarah Joy said...

average? but you play for church worr.. :)
hehe.. i get the threadless emails too but i've never met anyone from here who actually buys them! :) im so glad i met you heh.
hope you've had an amazing day.
love xoxo

ps. after talking to you yesterday, i decided my blog is going to be back online.. :) thanks for the chat, even though brief. thanks heaps! so blessed to have you in my world. xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

heh, sj, my church back home is a 50+ ppl chinese congregation which plays very differenttt songs from our church, as u can imagine ;) This is the first time I'm actually ordering from Threadless. Cool, another Threadless kaki, heh :)

Oooh, cool, I can check out your blog more then! Blessed to have you in my world too, babe :) x skye